Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Great Gidding. C of E Primary School strives to provide the best education for each individual child, within a stimulating, happy and caring environment, inspired by Christian faith and practice.
At Great Gidding we aim to....
1. …..create and maintain a safe, secure, caring, supportive and stimulating environment, which is fully inclusive and non-discriminatory and where each child is valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
2. …..encourage pupils to develop an awareness of moral values and an empathetic and positive attitude towards all members of the school and wider Community.
3. …..provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which: ensures continuity and progression; is accessible to all pupils; and appropriate to their individual needs; in accordance with the demands of National Curriculum and with emphasis on the importance of numeracy and literacy.
4. …..be aware of the range of abilities and experiences of all pupils and meet their individual needs (including any special educational needs, disabilities, English as an additional language and special gifts and talents).
5. …..assess, record and track the progress of all individual children and use the information to guide their future progress, (involving pupils, teachers and parents in their further development); ensuring that each child is set demanding but achievable objectives.
6. …..provide opportunities for children to develop their communication, social and problem solving skills, in order to develop independence and self-esteem and to encourage them to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour and be aware of the effect it has on other people.
7. …..provide opportunities for children to develop their personal talents and interests within the wider school curriculum.
8. …..provide for children’s religious and spiritual development, including appropriate time and opportunity for high quality Collective Worship and Religious Education.
9. …..ensure that all staff receives the support and training necessary to attain their full potential and to meet the development needs of the school.
10. …..encourage the development of partnerships and professional links between our school and: parents; governors; the church; nurseries; secondary and other local schools; all support services; and the wider community.